ART IS MOVING ON SUNRAIL
Sanford – A SunRail coach car has been transformed into a rolling art gallery. SunRail riders and others will get their first glimpse beginning Thursday afternoon. The project is called “Art Is Moving” and is a privately funded initiative conducted through a partnership of leading arts groups. It features the work of artists across Central Florida, including artists in every county served by SunRail; Orange, Seminole, Volusia and Osceola counties, as well as the City of Orlando. The kick-off of the “Art Is Moving” program also coincides with the special Saturday service to the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival and other major venues.
More “Art is Moving” information:
- The inaugural trip of this coach car will be the 1 p.m. southbound train out of DeBary on Thursday, March 16. It will run three round trips.
- It is also expected to run the same schedule on Friday.
- It’s expected this coach car will be part of the 10 a.m. train on Saturday, and will run three round trips that day. The 10 a.m. train is the first train of the day on Saturday.
- Both the “Art is Moving” initiative and the special Saturday service are privately funded.
- All the window artwork is made of perforated vinyl to allow safe visibility from inside and outside the vehicle at all times.
- The artists are featured on www.sunrail.com/artismoving/.
For more information about SunRail, including pricing, station locations, as well as the regular weekday schedule, please visit www.sunrail.com. Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart. Be safe.
Photos and Video
- Photos one and two show the exterior of the train
- Photos three and four show the installation process
- Dropbox has 90 seconds of raw video
For the full press release click here