SUNRAIL OFFERING SERVICE SUNDAY, MARCH 5
For Orlando City Soccer Stadium Opener
Orlando – In an effort to offer transportation options to those attending the opening of the new Orlando City Soccer Stadium, and to mark the beginning of the 2017 season, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is pleased to announce that SunRail is offering service this Sunday, March 5, 2017. This special service is a privately funded initiative.
The decision to run special trains was finalized today/Friday. The request came Thursday from Orlando City Soccer, which is expecting large crowds for opening day at the new stadium. SunRail service begins with the first train leaving southbound from the DeBary station at 1:30 p.m. The last northbound train leaves the Sand Lake Road station at 9 p.m. and arrives in DeBary at 10:03 p.m. Regular fares apply.
SunRail urges riders to get to the stations at least 30 minutes early, especially if you are purchasing tickets at the vending machines located on the platforms.
For more information about SunRail, including pricing, station locations, as well as the regular weekday schedule, please visit www.sunrail.com.
SunRail Soccer Sunday Tips
- SunRail will be collecting fares on Sunday, March 5, 2017
- Arrive at the station platforms at least 30 minutes in advance of your train
- Remember to tap on and tap off with your ticket, so your trip will register
- Please check the SunRail schedule at www.sunrail.comto make sure you don’t miss your train
- No food is allowed on the train, nor is smoking allowed on the train and platforms
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the train
- Non-alcoholic beverages must be in secure, spill-proof containers
- Please be courteous to others, fold up strollers, store bikes properly as the trains may be crowded
- Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart. Be safe.