Sanford, Fla – A special train will be delivering long lengths of rail on Saturday and Sunday. Travelers and residents living along the Central Florida Rail Corridor—the corridor on which SunRail trains run—may hear and see work happening along the rails this weekend. Travelers may also experience minor delays at railroad crossings. The work is scheduled from 2 a.m. Saturday, May 11 until 2 p.m. Sunday May 12.
The work will follow this order on Saturday.
Seminole County, City of Longwood:
- Georgia Ave., E. Orange Ave., E. Palmetto Ave., E. Church Ave., County Road (C.R.) 427 (Ronald Regan Blvd.) and State Road (S.R.) 434
Orange County, City of Maitland:
- Greenwood Rd/ Mayo Ave, E. Sybelia Ave, E. George Ave., E. Horatio Ave, E, Packwood Ave., Maitland Ave. South, Ventris Ave.
Orange County, City of Winter Park:
- N. New York, Canton Ave., Morse Blvd, W. New England Ave., S. New York Ave. & W. Lyman Ave., Westchester Ave.
City of Orlando:
- Wilkinson St., King St., Rollins St., Princeton Ave.
- Virginia Dr., Alden Rd, Highland Ave., N Magnolia Ave., Orange Ave.
- South St., America St., Ernestine St.
- W. Kaley St., W. Grant St., W. Michigan St.
The work will follow this order on Sunday.
Orange County, City of Edgewood:
- W. Holden Ave., Jamaica Ln., Stratemeyer Dr., Mary Jess Rd.
Orange County, Taft:
- E. Landstreet Rd/ County Road (C.R.) 527, Pine St, E. Fourth St
Osceola County, City of Kissimmee
- E. Vine St/ U.S. 192, E. Magnolia St., E. Oak St, E. Park St., E. Neptune Rd., E. Dakin Ave., S. Monument Ave., E. Ruby Ave.
Please be careful around railroad tracks, rail crossings and while at SunRail station platforms. Be smart. Be safe. For more information about SunRail, including fares, schedules, and station locations, please go to www.sunrail.com.