Sanford – The Florida Department of Transportation is pleased to announce that SunRail will offer Saturday service on November 19, 2016. This special service is part of a pilot project and is a privately funded initiative.
This Saturday, SunRail begins special service with the first train leaving southbound from the DeBary station at noon. This is to accommodate fans who are attending the Florida Classic football game at Camping World Stadium. The next southbound train will leave DeBary at 2 p.m. Other major venues include the Orlando Magic game Saturday night at 7 p.m. Regular fares apply. Please check here for venues and the schedule at: www.sunrail.com.
Due to the popularity of the earlier train trips on past Saturdays, and start time of this weekend’s football game, SunRail urges riders to get to the stations 30-40 minutes early, especially if you are purchasing tickets at the vending machines located on the platforms.
If you are making bus connections, please be advised LYNX Saturday service may differ from regular weekday service. Please check the Saturday schedule at: www.golynx.com.
The last northbound train leaves the Sand Lake Road station at 10:45 p.m. and arrives in DeBary at 11:48 p.m.
Note: SunRail is not running special service the following Saturday, November 26.
For more information about SunRail, including pricing, station locations, this Saturday’s schedule, as well as the regular weekday schedule, please visit www.sunrail.com.
SunRail on Saturday Tips
- SunRail will be collecting fares on Saturday
- Arrive at the station platforms at least 30-40 minutes in advance of your train, especially for the early trains
- Remember to tap on and tap off with your ticket, so your trip will register
- Please check the SunRail schedule here to make sure you don’t miss your train
- If you are using LYNX to make downtown or other connections, please check LYNX bus schedules to see what time buses run: www.golynx.com
- No food or beverages are allowed on the train, nor is smoking allowed on the train and platforms
- Please be courteous to others, fold up strollers, store bikes properly as the trains may be crowded
- Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart. Be safe.
*for the full press release on the November 19th Saturday service, click here*
*for a SunRail schedule and list of events on November 19th, click here*